Staff Psychologist or Staff Clinician
Baylor University Counseling Services
Mon, May 4th, '20
Fri, May 8th, '20
Mon, May 4th, '20
Fri, May 8th, '20
Baylor University Counseling Services provides counseling related services that foster personal growth and development to a diverse student population. We are seeking a full-time Staff Psychologist or Staff Clinician to join our Counseling Services team.
The successful candidate will:
• Demonstrate a passion and aptitude for providing individual and group therapy with a variety of clinical issues.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of a diverse student population within a Christian higher education setting and an openness to cultural humility.
• Demonstrate a passion and aptitude for clinical supervision of practicum students and doctoral interns.
• Develop workshops, seminars, and outreach programs for students, faculty, and staff.
• Be available to work occasional after hours and an on-call rotation schedule.
• Be able to provide training in areas of experience or expertise.
• Be successful communicating and interacting with all campus populations including students, faculty, and staff.
• Demonstrate a committed Christian faith and lifestyle consistent with the mission of Baylor University.
One year of relevant professional experience, a Masters degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or a related field, and an active Christian faith is required. Additionally, license eligible or licensed as a psychologist, LCSW, LPC, or LMFT in the State of Texas is required. Three years of relevant work experience and a doctoral degree are preferred. Previous experience in a university or college counseling center is also desired, but not required.
Baylor University is a leading Christian institution of higher education and an active Christian faith is required.
Please submit an on-line application http://jobs.baylor.edu/postings/6307 along with a cover letter and resume. You may also view the full job description for any page on our jobs site by clicking the appropriate link within the job posting.
The Baylor Experience
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions*, they also get to experience Baylor.
• Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment (www.baylor.edu/about)
• Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
• Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
• Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Baylor marina to name a few
• Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
*For more details and eligibility requirements, please visit www.baylor.edu/hr
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.” Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 16,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting staff who support our mission as we pursue our bold vision, Illuminate.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.