Counseling and Psychological Services of Stevens Institute of Technology is seeking candidates for a newly funded Staff Therapist position. This is a one-year full-time position concluding on June 30, 2021. The position will be reevaluated for continued employment beyond June 30, 2021 based on performance, budgetary review, and approval. Salary range is competitive and commensurate with experience.
The Staff Therapist will operate as a generalist who provides a full range of clinical services including individual and group therapy, crisis intervention, outreach, consultation, supervision, and training. Additionally, CAPS adheres to a short-term treatment model and we are seeking a clinician who can effectively provide time limited psychotherapy.
The addition of a new staff therapist to our team coincides with increased enrollment at Stevens, as well as the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. As a FT therapist at CAPS (student counseling), the ideal candidate needs to have the ability to work virtually initially and transition to on-campus once Stevens reopens.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides initial clinical assessment, counseling and psychotherapy, group counseling, daytime on-call coverage, crisis intervention, clinical supervision, outreach, and consultation services to the university community.
- Maintains up-to-date case files as dictated by current professional standards.
- Adheres to ethical principles of corresponding profession.
- Facilitates psychiatric hospitalization for students as required
- May be asked to provide training and supervision to post-doctoral fellow, doctoral interns, or psychology externs.
- Will be required to provide clinic coverage one evening per week.
- On rare occasions after-hours of weekend outreach and prevention activities may be required as well.
ABOUT STEVENS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Stevens Institute of Technology, The Innovation University®, is a premier, private research university situated in Hoboken, N.J. overlooking the Manhattan skyline. Founded in 1870, technological innovation has been the hallmark and legacy of Stevens’ education and research programs for more than 140 years.