#5877 LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, or Licensed Psychologist - Student Services Professional AR
California State University, East Bay
California State University, East Bay (Cal State East Bay) is hiring a licensed counselor to work in Student Health and Counseling Services. Working under the supervision of the Director of Counseling Services, the Counselor Faculty provides clinical services to registered students of the University. This includes intake assessment, crisis intervention, and short-term individual, couples, and group therapy. The student population is diverse, presenting with a wide range of psychosocial, developmental, interpersonal, and relational concerns. The Counselor Faculty assumes independent responsibility for their cases, including identification of major problems, determining services needed, selecting and using appropriate counseling strategies, assessing results, and, where appropriate, referring to additional services. Due to Covid-19, clinical services will be a mixture of telehealth and in-person.
The position is temporary, part-time (0.80 time base) with the possibility of reappointment.
* Provides psychotherapy for clients in individual, couples and/or group counseling.
* Provides urgent counseling services to students in crisis.
* Provides debriefing and assistance during university-wide crises, as needed.
* Serves as a liaison for a unit or entity on campus (e.g. Student Housing and Residential Life, Student Life and Leadership, Athletics, Accessibility Services, Diversity and Inclusion Center, international students, etc).
* Helps design and presents outreach programs for the university community.
* Represents department on university committees.
* Attends weekly case consultation meetings.
* Attends weekly departmental meetings.
* Attends monthly clinical trainings. May present on a particular area of expertise.
* May provide individual and/or group supervision for MFT, ASW, and PCC interns.
* Completes other tasks as assigned by Director.
* Possession of an appropriate terminal degree, e.g., a master's or doctorate in behavioral sciences, counseling, psychology, or a specific related academic field.
* Licensed by California Board of Behavioral Sciences as LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, or Clinical Psychologist, which require a master's degree with appropriate internship. Committee will consider license-eligible candidates who are in the process of completing their exams, but candidate must possess valid California license at time of hire.
Preferred Skills & Knowledge:
* Experience on multidisciplinary team of mental health professionals and primary care clinicians within an integrated center.
* Experience providing short-term individual counseling.
* Experience providing short-term couples counseling.
* Experience facilitating both psychoeducational and interpersonal process groups.
* Experience treating substance abuse, relationship issues, depression, anxiety, sexual assault, autism spectrum disorders, anger management, sexual disorders, eating disorders, and/or domestic violence.
* Proficient in electronic scheduling and records.
* Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary Range: $5,046.00/month to $9,403.00/month (at a 1.0 time-base). PLEASE NOTE: The starting salary will be between $4,036.80/month to $5,779.60/month (at a 0.80 time-base).
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
PLEASE NOTE: This is an academic year position. Benefits eligibility may be impacted if a candidate is unable to work through the entirety of the academic year appointment or if the percentage of employment does not qualify them for benefits. For the 2020/2021 academic year, the appointment begins on August 17, 2020 and ends on May 21, 2021.
How to Apply:
To apply online, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save the position you are interested in, and click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
In addition to the standard CSUEB application, please submit a letter of introduction, curriculum vitae, copy of professional license and a list of references that have been in a position to evaluate your professional work.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
To view the full job announcement, please visit www.csueastbay.edu/jobs and refer to JOB ID 5877.