Mental Health CounselorJob ID:
Statesboro, GeorgiaFull/Part Time:
Provide direct clinical services to students, outreach programming and professional training to the Georgia Southern community on a variety of mental health issues, clinical training to practicum students and interns as needed, and consultations to faculty and staff regarding college student mental health. Responsibilities
Required Qualifications Educational Requirements
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Provide individual, couples, and group therapy to Georgia Southern students
- Provide crisis on-call service in rotation with other clinical staff
- Provide crisis/triage assessment and response to students as needed
- Participate in various training programs housed within the Counseling Center
- Provide outreach programming and consultations to campus community
- Coordinate one or more areas of Counseling Center service as requested by Executive Director
- Maintain compliance with Counseling Center policies and procedures
Other Required Qualifications
- Master's degree in clinical/counseling psychology or in social work
Preferred Qualifications Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Licensed as an LPC or LCSW in the State of Georgia, or ability to obtain relevant Associate License (LAPC/ LMSW) within three (3)months of start date and full license within three (3) years of start date
- Full licensure as LPC or LCSW
- Experience working in a University Counseling Center
- Experience with public speaking
Commensurate with experience Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
- Ability to manage a caseload of individual, couples, and group therapy clients
- Ability to document clinical interactions using Electronic Medical Record system
- Ability to develop knowledge of College Counseling Center Service Models
- Ability to adhere to institutional policies and procedures to obtain goals in support of the University's mission for student success
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and secure sensitive information
- Ability to work well collaboratively and independently
- Proficient with computers and computer applications, including Microsoft Office, Google and e-mail
- Understanding of social, developmental, and psychological issues and challenges faced by students in higher education
- Knowledgeable about and ability to present outreach programming on mental health topics
Apply Before Date
- Effective clinical and therapeutic skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational, time management, detail orientation and human relations skills
September 30, 2020 About Us
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world. Contact Information
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org
. Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
- Maintain valid driver's license
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request. Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947. Other Information
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be flexible and able/willing to work beyond the 40-hour work week, including nights and weekends
- Ability to respond onto the Georgia Southern University campus within one (1) hour when scheduled as the on-call clinician
- Ability to be contacted by phone immediately when scheduled as the back-up on-call clinician
- Work generally performed in an office environment
Standard and Education Department Information
3900410301 Counseling Center Other Information
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply. To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=220466&PostingSeq=1Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency