Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is a Lasallian Catholic university that promotes development of virtue, ethics, and character in all members of our community. This full-time position leads and manages the administration of the Wellness Center, planning, delivery and evaluation of counseling services, and strategic outreach; supervises staff, graduate student interns (when available) to provide spiritually informed and integrated counseling and education in order to enhance the well-being of students and the Saint Mary’s community as a whole. In addition, the director establishes policies and training programs for Wellness Center staff, and supervises and monitors staff to those standards. The director is a Doctoral level licensed mental health clinician who also provides education, counseling, crisis intervention and referral services according to team/community needs. In keeping with our mission, the Director leads in alignment with faith-based ideals that emphasize the dignity of every person in a non-reductionist manner, blending the best of evidence-based practices in the psychological sciences with a holistic view of the human person.
Specifically, the Director:
- Oversees day-to-day operations of counseling and health programs and services to include budget and facility management.
- Assesses quality and effectiveness of Wellness Center services in order to balance competing clinical administrative demands while meeting student needs.
- Develops and administers Wellness Center protocols and procedures in keeping with current best practices for college counseling and wellness centers.
- Supervises the Wellness Center counseling staff, which includes fully licensed counselors and graduate interns who provide direct clinical services, establishing policies and training programs for Wellness Center staff, supervising and monitoring staff to those standards.
- Provides overall leadership, direction, assessment, accountability for outcomes, enacting the unit level strategic plan with the team for successful implementation with measurable goals and outcomes.
- Provides clinical individual and group counseling services directly to students as needed.
- Oversees referrals to outside providers for specialized, intensive outpatient, partial hospitalization, or inpatient care.
- Develops and maintains a current database of contractual relationships with local providers who serve as resources to enrolled students whose needs transcend the expertise of the Wellness Center staff, which includes eligible and qualified in-person and tele-health providers as well as partners practicing in area therapeutic sites with tele-mental health options.
- Provides consultation, education and outreach services to faculty, staff, and students on student-centered developmental and psychological issues in accord with Lasallian Catholic heritage.
- Respects, supports, and advances the Lasallian Catholic character, mission, and identity of the university.
- Collaborates with directors and staff throughout the university to develop strategies for optimizing student strengths and for the prevention and intervention of psychological, emotional and behavioral concerns, including with curricular development and training for the university wellness courses and in athletics.
- Gathers and records data regarding student participation in programs and services sponsored by the center, and prepares reports that assess their effectiveness.
- Maintains the quality, integrity and confidentiality of client records according to state, Federal and University policies.
- Develops opportunities and support for professional development of Wellness Center staff.
- Participates in on-call rotation to assist students in crisis.
- Coordinates the center's emergency and crisis response procedures in accordance with the established Emergency Response Plan for the Winona campus.
- Awareness, responsibility and oversight of compliance with HIPAA and other federal regulations relevant to higher education, e.g. Title IX, title IV, and FERPA.
- Maintains the highest level of ethical awareness, responsibility and confidentiality; follows all HIPAA regulations.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota seeks a highly qualified, diverse applicant pool and especially encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. SMUMN is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
ABOUT SAINT MARY'S UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota is a dynamic and transformational learning community that provides a person-centered educational experience grounded in excellent teaching and engaged interactive student learning. At the heart of a Saint Mary's education is the development of meaningful relationships that help the individual learner realize and achieve their potential in a trusting and respectful environment. In this way, we prepare graduates with the advanced knowledge, skills, and critical thinking abilities necessary to be lifelong learners, successful workers, good neighbors and ethical citizens.