Conduct intakes, short-term psychotherapy, and crisis management.Work Schedule
Monday through Friday with one evening per week (2PM to 9PM).Position End Date (if temporary)
08/31/2021Essential Duties Summary
- Collaborate with psychiatrists.
- Make referrals for on-going treatment.
- Help monitor high-risk clients.
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings.
- Maintain patient records in accordance with regulations, policies, and established practices.
- Conduct outreach to the college community.
- Conduct drop-in counseling sessions in a student dorm.
- Rotate on-call responsibilities with senior staff.
Posting Detail Information EEO Statement
Barnard College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Barnard does not discriminate due to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis, and to the extent permitted by law. Qualified candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Required Qualification Summary
- Multicultural competence is highly valued. Barnard College is a diverse institution that welcomes students with a broad range of identities. Working at Barnard requires the ability to conceptualize a broad range of clinical issues from a multicultural and social justice perspective.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in counseling or clinical psychology. ABD applications accepted.
- Completed Internship