Saint Joseph’s University
The post-doctoral fellow provides 1 hour of supervision weekly to a pre-doctoral trainee and receives supervision for this position responsibility. It is a highly valued part of the experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide individual, group counseling and crisis intervention service.
• Provide consultation to students, parents, faculty and staff.
• Maintain accurate record-keeping of all clinical work including intake, progress and termination notes utilizing automated record-keeping system.
• Receive two hours of supervision/week from a licensed psychologist.
• Provide on-call 24 hour evening and weekend coverage on a rotating basis (approximately for 6 weeks over the course of the full year).
• Provide consultation and risk assessment in the walk-in office one day/week.
• Develop and implement primary prevention and outreach programs and/or guest lecture on psycho-educational topics.
• Participate in professional training and on-site seminars, including presenting case studies for group discussion and supervision.
• Participate in group supervision of pre-doctoral trainees.
• Attend weekly clinical and business staff meetings.
• Night/weekend call on rotating basis
• Must be able to sit for long periods
• Must have adequate speech and hearing
• All work for Ph.D. or Psy.D. must be successfully completed before start date of employment.
• Experience working with a college student population
• Successful background check clearance under Saint Joseph’s University’s “Minors on Campus Policy” (PA Criminal Records Check, FBI Fingerprinting Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance Check)
Experience with crisis intervention
Experience as a pre-doctoral supervised trainee within a college counseling center
On-line applications only. Please provide a letter of application/interest and resume. For a complete description of position responsibilities, qualifications, and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.sju.edu/postings/17906
Saint Joseph's University is a private, Catholic, and Jesuit institution and expects members of its community to be knowledgeable about its mission and make positive contributions to that mission. Saint Joseph's is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce.