Vassar College Counseling Service is seeking an Assistant Director. The
Counseling Service provides creative, collaborative clinical service in
a small, residential, liberal arts college environment. The successful
candidate will have demonstrated knowledge, sensitivity and ability to
work with students from diverse backgrounds and will be skilled in
consultation, brief therapy models, group therapy and in providing
innovative, inclusive outreach programming. This position must be able
both to work independently, and cooperatively as a member of a
professional team. The Assistant Director will serve as a liaison to the
college community in partnership with the Director of the Counseling
- Intake and clinical assessment;
- Crisis intervention and triage;
- On-call rotation as back up to off site on call service and share backup crisis coverage with the Director;
- Provide emergency response to campus community;
- Brief individual psychotherapy;
- Group therapy;
- Consultation with campus and community members;
- Assist with professional development trainings for in house and collaborative health services;
- Engage in campus committee work;
- Assist with collecting, analyzing, and reporting client satisfaction survey and other research/outcome work;
- Opportunities to train and supervise post doctoral fellows/social work interns/new staff;
- Assist Director with online charting form development, advancement, and efficiency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
is an administrative position with a strong, primary emphasis on
innovative service delivery. Some evening and weekend hours should be
expected, especially involving crisis intervention, back up on call
coverage, and outreach activities.
position is a full-time, 10 month position (August 15 – June 15) and is
eligible for Vassar College administrator benefits, such as health
insurance, retirement, and paid vacation time.
ABOUT VASSAR COLLEGE
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly
selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is
strongly committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a
liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality,
inclusion and respect for difference. Vassar College is an affirmative
action, equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of
historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Vassar College is a smoke free/tobacco free campus.