Psychologist/Clinical Social Worker (Two Positions)
Sarah Lawrence College Health & Wellness Center Staff Psychologist/Clinical Social Worker position is responsible for providing consultation, evaluation, and psychological treatment services for the undergraduate and graduate students of Sarah Lawrence College. Counseling and Psychological Services is committed to providing counseling and clinical care for students from a cross-cultural, integrative, and mindfulness based perspective. The staff clinician is expected to engage in short term individual counseling, facilitating groups, crisis evaluation, treatment planning and referrals, and campus outreach/programming. This is a 10 month position with benefits. Full time clinicians are expected to work from late August through late May, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Occasional evening hours with advanced planning.
Applicants must be proficient in:
- Managing a fast-paced, high acuity caseload.
- Maintaining excellent and timely clinical documentation.
- Working with an integrated clinical team (including psychiatric provider, mental health clinicians, medical services staff) as well as the College community.
- Self-reflection and commitment to hearing and acting on feedback in a collegial environment.
- The understanding of the intersection of race, gender, LGBTQ orientation, disability status, and socioeconomic status with mental health concerns along with appropriate, informed treatment.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Psychological consultations
- Comprehensive intake evaluations
- Same Day appointments for urgent care
- Brief individual psychotherapy
- Group Psychotherapy
- Alcohol and Other Drug Evaluations, Treatment and Referrals
- Promote and participate in Health & Wellness Center outreach activities and events
- Consultation and liaison services with campus faculty and administrators
- Documentation of all patient care and communication in EHR (electronic health record)
- Weekly schedule management through EHR - Practice Management system
- Doctorate in Counseling / Clinical Psychology or Master's Degree in Clinical Social Work
- NY State Licensure
- Minimum 3 years' experience with college counseling, including time limited psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, motivational interviewing, and mindfulness-based treatment modalities.
To apply, visit: https://slc.peopleadmin.com
Sarah Lawrence has as one of its goals the recruitment and retention of a racially and culturally diverse administration, staff, and faculty. To that end, every job opening is seen as an opportunity to increase diversity and every effort will be made to expand the applicant pool in accordance with these goals.
For information on Sarah Lawrence College, our curriculum, teaching methods, and philosophy of education, please visit our web site at http://www.slc.edu.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency