Quinnipiac University's Health and Wellness Center invites applications for a Counselor to join a dynamic and interdisciplinary team. Reporting to the Director of Counseling, the Counselor will provide individual and group mental health counseling for both undergraduate and graduate students, manage triage and crisis intervention, as well as outreach programming and consultation in a fast-paced and dynamic health and wellness center. The Counselor will establish and maintain collaborative relationships with diverse campus constituencies including students, administration, faculty and staff.
The successful candidate will have experience working with a diverse college student population and implementing prevention initiatives.
This is a full-time, 10 month position for the months of July through April.About Quinnipiac:
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's The Best 380 Colleges. Quinnipiac has been named a Great College to Work For as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit http://www.qu.edu
. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.Responsibilities:
- Maintain clinical caseload of individual students and facilitate groups as needed
- Coordinate student care including referrals and collaboration with other treatment providers
- Collaborate with campus partners to provide crisis intervention, counseling and consultation
- Manage triage and crisis intervention for students and community as appropriate
- Maintain clinical documentation in accordance with legal, professional and university guidelines
- Provide exceptional operational excellence to our students, faculty and community
- Initiate and participate in outreach activities providing prevention and education regarding mental health related topics to QU students
- Perform role in a non-judgmental and non-discriminatory manner in accordance with university policies
- Participate in clinical rounds, interdisciplinary meetings and training programs with Health and Wellness staff
- Maintain licensure expectations as it relates to professional development as well as staying current on trends related to mental health as well as substance abuse
- Provide training to staff and faculty regarding the current themes of mental health
- Utilize electronic medical record system to maintain accurate and current clinical medical records
- Positively contribute to a supportive, healthy and safe work environment
- Remain on-call during scheduled days
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in Clinical Psychology, Social Work or related field required
- Connecticut licensure and certification required
- 3-5 years of experience providing individual and/or group mental health counseling services
- Experience with college-age population preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in delivering Telehealth services
- Ability to remain on call 24/7 for emergencies during scheduled days
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage the fast-paced environment of meeting the mental health needs of the students and community
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of students
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience with use of electronic record system
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion
Applications must be submitted electronically to the University's career page and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.To apply, visit https://career.qu.edu/cw/en-us/job/493623/counselorCopyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency