Posting Details Position InformationPosition Title
Postdoctoral FellowType of Position
Conduct intakes, short-term psychotherapy, and crisis management.Department
Counseling ServicesReports to Title
Director of Counseling ServicesFull or Part Time
Full TimeNumber Of Months
12 months/yearWork Schedule
Monday through Friday with one evening per week (11AM-7PM).Position End Date (if temporary)
08/31/2023Position Summary InformationEssential Duties Summary
1. Conduct intakes, short-term psychotherapy, and crisis management.
2. Collaborate with psychiatrists.
3. Make referrals for on-going treatment
4. Help monitor high-risk clients.
5. Attend and contribute to staff meetings.
6. Maintain patient records in accordance with regulations, policies, and established practices.
7. Conduct outreach to the college community.
8. Rotate on-call responsibilities with senior staff.Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Multicultural competence is highly valued. Barnard College is a diverse institution that welcomes students with a broad range of identities. Working at Barnard requires the ability to conceptualize a broad range of clinical issues from a multicultural and social justice perspective.Required Qualification Summary
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in counseling or clinical psychology. ABD applications accepted. Posting Detail InformationEEO Statement
- Completed Internship
Barnard College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Barnard does not discriminate due to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis, and to the extent permitted by law. Qualified candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.Open Date
01/07/2022Open Until Filled
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Applicant Documents Required Documents
Optional Documents Apply Here
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts 1