(Faculty Role) Director of Graduate Counseling Programs & Assistant Professor
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College is actively seeking a director who will provide leadership and vision for a new Master of Counseling Program. A twelve-month faculty position, the role includes development and administration of the graduate program as well as teaching, scholarship, and service. The position is tenure-track and rank is commensurate with previous teaching experience, past scholarly achievement, past work experience and service. A creative thinker with with a strong work ethic, commitment to the concepts of innovation, continuous improvement, and excellence in higher education are fundamental to this position. This position has a January or August 2023 targeted start date. We will work with the identified candidate to determine the most effective transition into the college. Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop graduate level program curricula and gain approval from institution, regional accreditor and program accreditor as needed.
- Lead and administer the graduate program including assessment and periodic review, planning, development, and general effectiveness which includes budget development, scheduling classes, staffing courses, meeting with faculty and students, and assisting faculty in professional development activities
- Teach graduate level courses and undergraduate courses in psychology and counseling
- Evaluate faculty in the graduate programs
- Initiate outreach to behavioral health partners and the creation of new partnerships
- Engage in scholarly activity appropriate to the discipline such as publishing, presenting at national, regional, and local conferences, conducting research and/or grant writing and related activities
- Fulfill all roles and responsibilities associated with a full-time faculty appointment, including teaching, scholarship and service to the program and institution
- Other duties as assigned
Responsible for any undergraduate or graduate student workers.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Include a letter of application, a curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, and three professional references.
To apply, please visit: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/1277792Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Terminal degree in counseling education with 3-5 years' experience teaching at the college level and demonstrated online and instructional technology skills.
- Managerial or leadership experience in higher education and program development is desirable.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency