New York Medical College ("NYMC" or "College") is accepting applications for a per diem, Licensed Clinical Social Worker ("LCSW") in the Office of Student Mental Health and Wellness ("SMHW"). Our team plays an integral role in student success and is focused on providing mental health and wellness support to students in all graduate programs of the College. The per diem LCSW will assume a variety of direct clinical responsibilities, including, but not limited to, initial assessments and triage; time-limited psychotherapy and supportive counseling; identification of, and liaison to, outside psychological resources and social supports; implementation of focused support groups; and ongoing contact and support for high-risk students who have been referred to community resources. This role also includes establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with diverse campus constituencies including students, administration, faculty, and staff.
1. Provide individual counseling (primarily short term), group counseling, initial assessments, crisis intervention, and consultation to students regarding a variety of mental health and developmental concerns.
2. Provide consultation to members of the NYMC community as needed and as appropriate, including but not limited to, senior management deans, student affairs, medical education, academic support personnel, academic professors, course coordinators, faculty etc. and/or serving as a liaison.
3. Participate in creation and delivery of wellness programming, (planning, implementation, and success of programming).
4. Provide culturally sensitive clinical services that address the unique needs of BIPOC students, students from other diverse backgrounds, and students with intersecting identities
5. Provide consultation services for staff and faculty colleagues, students, and parents consistent with ethical guidelines, including confidentiality
6. Participate in the after-hours and office hours intervention as needed.
7. Maintain documentation that meets legal, professional, departmental, and ethical standards of practice for clinicians
8. Be available for other duties as assigned by the Director of the Office of Student Mental Health and Wellness