Counseling and Psychological Services Center
Counseling & Psychological Services is a welcoming and confidential place to come and we are here to help! We are enthusiastic about assisting our students with all kinds of questions and concerns, like homesickness, struggles with relationships, sexual identity and gender questions, cultural issues, eating and body image, substance use, anxiety, and depression. Our licensed and professionally trained staff offer counseling services to those currently enrolled at FSU in a variety of ways: through one-on-one sessions, couples sessions, group sessions, triage sessions, and crisis intervention.
Counseling & Psychological Services is home to full-time psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors, treatment coordinators, and a mental health education coordinator and we are fully committed to the health and wellness of our students. Our department is currently seeking Licensed Psychologists and Post Doctoral Residents to join our team for the health and wellness of our students.
- Provides direct psychological services to University students including individual, couples and group counseling; conducts clinical assessments and formulates diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Provides initial triage assessments, crisis intervention, and intakes for students.
- Provides clinical consultations to family members and campus community constituents.
- Completes intake summaries, psychological assessments, emergency evaluations, progress notes, and termination summaries according to established policies and procedures. Participates in Counseling and Psychological Services and University committees, and provides outreach presentations, program consultation, and prevention programming.
- Provides clinical supervision and/or training of interns in our American Psychological Association (APA) Accredited Doctoral Psychology Internship or in our Master´s Internship; may be involved in the presentation and leading of training seminars.
ABOUT FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY
FSU Counseling & Psychological Services Center is ranked #13 for 2023 in the Princeton Review!
Florida State University (FSU) is one of the largest universities in Florida with a diverse student population of approximately 41,000 from all 50 states and more than 128 countries. As one of the nation’s elite research universities, Florida State University -- with the Carnegie Foundation’s highest designation, Doctoral/Research University-Extensive -- offers a distinctive academic environment built on its cherished values and unique heritage, a welcoming campus, championship athletics, and prime location in the heart of the state capital. Recognized nationally for its commitment to diversity, Florida State University is a national leader in the number of doctorates awarded to African-American students and in the graduation rate of African-American undergraduates. Its College of Medicine and College of Law are among the Top 10 best in the nation for Hispanic students.
FSU is located in Tallahassee, home to the state capital, two major universities, and a growing metropolitan community. Tallahassee is known for its natural beauty and proximity to the gulf coast beaches. The community shares a deep-rooted history and culture with unparalleled nature and outdoor recreation. A fusion of cosmopolitan flair and charming personality defines the spirit of Florida’s Capital City. Stretching along the Florida Panhandle, Tallahassee is a place where college town meets cultural center, politics meets performing arts, and history meets nature--a place where the vibrancy of what to do is matched only the city’s inviting hospitality. Tallahassee offers many opportunities for recreational and cultural activities, and is within a half-day drive to Jacksonville, Orlando,Tampa, and Atlanta.