No matter how well-educated we become, we all could use a hand in facing the challenges that life presents. Counseling & Psychological Services is a welcoming and confidential place to come and we are here to help! We are enthusiastic about assisting our students with all kinds of questions and concerns, like home sickness, struggles with relationships, sexual identity and gender questions, cultural issues, eating and body image, substance use, anxiety, and depression. Our licensed and professionally-trained staff offer counseling services to those currently enrolled at FSU in a variety of ways: through one-on-one sessions, couples sessions, group sessions, triage sessions and crisis intervention.
Counseling & Psychological Services is home to full-time psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors, treatment coordinators and a mental health education coordinator and we are fully committed to the health and wellness of our students. Our department is currently seeking a Treatment Coordinator to join our team for the health and wellness of our students.
The Treatment Coordinator is responsible for creating a management system designed to coordinate, facilitate, and monitor the interchange within Counseling & Psychological Services programs and FSU Community partners and service providers in the community at large.
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of systems for collaborating with liaisons in fostering and maintaining relationships with psychological and psychiatric providers in the community.
- Tracking referrals from Counseling & Psychological Services into the community and facilitating successful referrals.
- Assisting mental health clinicians with referrals of students into the local community for resources, both psychological and psychiatric, including follow-up.
- Assist with client dispositions.
- Collaborating with Housing, UHS and DOS office with hospitalization reports and risk assessments for non-clients as they transition from the hospital and back to campus.
- Tracking the hospitalization of clients for mental health reasons.
- Coordinating efforts to increase the continuity of care for those that are hospitalized while in Counseling & Psychological Services care.
- Creating treatment summaries, case histories, or treatment goal descriptions to pass on to the receiving facilities as the clients request.
- Maintaining contact with the receiving facilities and hospitals for release dates.
- Follow up with students who have been recently discharged from hospitals/receiving agencies and determine referral options for them.
- Monitor and track students within the Counseling & Psychological Services system.
- Provide consultation and follow up with students trying to access services and confirming and organizing referrals between psychiatric services and psychological providers.
- Maintain referral lists and conduct routine evaluation of the case management system to ensure quality of care.
- Perform and document tasks with assistance of Titanium, an electronic health record.
- Participate in quality improvement efforts designed to optimize the efficacy of services provided.