Licensed Psychotherapist, As NeededLocation:
Santa CruzJob ID:
45005 JOB POSTING
Counseling and Psychological Services at UC Santa Cruz is hiring Licensed Psychotherapists to provide services on a part-time basis as needed.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at UC Santa Cruz is a multidisciplinary unit that provides UCSC students with a wide range of mental health and wellness services, as well as preventative outreach and consultation services to the UCSC community. CAPS, a unit within Student Health and Wellness (SHW), is committed to providing culturally appropriate services to our diverse student body with a particular focus on serving our marginalized and underrepresented students. CAPS provides both in-person and tele-mental health services, and staff have the option of a hybrid work schedule. We strive daily to create a caring and supportive environment to assist students in improving their physical and emotional well-being to aid in their academic success. We welcome qualified applicants who share our commitment to serving the mental health needs of our diverse student body.
Thank you for your interest in Counseling and Psychological Services at UC Santa Cruz.
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to policy.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is: 11-22-2022
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
Student Health and Wellness (SHW) is a full service medical facility offering clinical, educational, and psychological services to students on the UCSC campus. SHW is deeply committed to ensuring affordable, well-integrated, multidisciplinary healthcare that effectively supports the university's diverse campus communities through equitable access and culturally competent, high-quality programs and services.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) provides a variety of mental health and psychological services to UCSC undergraduate and graduate students, including brief individual and group therapy, psycho educational workshops, crisis intervention, outreach programming, online services, and consultation, to support student academic success and well-being.
The Licensed Psychotherapist, As Needed reports to the Director of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) and is assigned duties by the Director as specified herein. The Licensed Psychotherapist will provide high quality clinical services.
In discharging these duties, the Licensed Psychotherapist is expected to be keenly sensitive to issues of gender, culture, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, socio-economic status, etc. and to be skilled with techniques for counseling students with diverse backgrounds. The Licensed Psychotherapist's activities are performed within the limits of standards and ethical principles of their licensure board as well as applicable legal mandates for mental health professionals in the State of California.
The Licensed Psychotherapist, As Needed position can be 100% remote, Hybrid or On Site, to be discussed at interview.
Salary Information: $56.81 / Hourly
No. of Positions: 4
Benefits Level Eligibility: None
- Part-time, Variable
- Percentage of Time: 20%, varies
- Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
- Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: This is a Limited appointment
Job End Date: 06/30/2023, with possibility of extension
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus, Remote/Hybrid
Union Representation: HX - Residual Health Care Professionals
Job Code Classification: 004144 (BEH HEALTH COUNSELOR 3)
Travel: Never or Rarely
- Provides brief counseling and psychotherapy for undergraduate and graduate students (individuals and couples) with a broad range of psychological problems
- Provides crisis assessment and crisis intervention
- Provides case management and referral services
- Conducts group counseling and psycho educational groups, and drop-in groups
*Consults and collaborates with psychiatrists, physicians, campus entities (i.e. Slug Support, Disability Resource Center, and others) and off-campus mental health professionals, social agencies, and community resources to meet the mental health needs of students
- Determines the need for other professional interventions and refers as necessary
- Promotes a safe and healthy work place and effectively responds to injuries that occur
- Master's degree in related area
- Valid California license in good standing in Social Work or Marriage and Family Therapy, or as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
- Demonstrated clinical experience with individuals using a brief therapy model
- Demonstrated strong clinical and crisis management skills, including ability to work with high acuity students with complex mental health needs
- Experience facilitating psychotherapy and psycho-educational groups
- Demonstrated experience providing culturally affirming and responsive clinical services for a diverse client population
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding, and stated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity issues in the delivery of psychological services in a university or college setting
- Demonstrated expertise with developmental issues of late adolescence
- Demonstrated ability to work in an interdisciplinary team and to effectively collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal and evidence of professional behavior
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Counseling experience in a college/university setting
- Experience working with an underserved population relevant to the UCSC student body
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
- Selected candidate will be required to successfully complete a pre-hire credentialing check.
- Valid California license in good standing in Social Work or Marriage and Family Therapy, or as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor.
- Ability to work long periods of time at a computer with or without accommodation.
- Will be required to work a hybrid work schedule, days of the week and number of days to be determined, and be able to fulfill requirements of the UCSC telecommuting agreement.
- Ability to work a variable schedule.
- Selected candidate will be required to take a TB test within 60 days of hire.
- Selected Candidate will be required to take HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accessibility) training within 30 days of hire.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete training within established time frames as directed including UC compliance training.
- Will be required to comply with current Student Health Center employee health safety requirements for health care workers as defined by state and federal regulatory agencies; current health safety requirements to be discussed during interview.
- Ability to maintain appearance and conduct suitable for working in a professional setting.
- The University of California has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
- Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained here.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to 'My Activities'. Visit our How to Apply tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency