Full Time Faculty - PsychologySalary:
$37.16 - $53.96 HourlyJob Type:
Full TimeJob Number:
1/31/2023 11:59 PM Pacific Location:
Both Liberal Arts Campus & Pacific Coast Campus, CADepartment:
Social ScienceDescription Full Time Faculty - Psychology
LONG BEACH CITY COLLEGE
Long Beach City College is committed to providing equitable student learning and achievement, by delivering high quality educational programs and support services to our diverse communities. Long Beach City College currently has the privilege of serving approximately 34,464 students, the majority of whom are students of color. Long Beach City College is a Hispanic serving institution, and of our student population 53% are Hispanic/Latinx, 18% are White, 14% are African American, 12% are Asian & Filipino. An ideal candidate will demonstrate cultural competency in serving the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender identity, sexual orientation, racial, and cultural backgrounds of community college student populations, including students with differing abilities. As one of the most diverse community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs. For more information on our College demographics please click here: https://www.lbcc.edu/pod/lbcc-college-facts
.ABOUT THE POSITION
Long Beach Community College District is currently seeking one full-time tenured Psychology Professor. This assignment also includes curriculum development, participation in the shared governance process through work in normal professional activities, committee work, and student activities. The teaching assignment may be at the Liberal Arts campus, the Pacific Coast campus or other college teaching locations. The assignment may be day, evening, weekend, on-line or off campus and is subject to change as needed. Faculty positions offer the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the most diverse community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs.
Long Beach City College is committed to providing equitable student learning and achievement, academic excellence, and workforce development by delivering high-quality educational programs and support services to our diverse communities. We are Purposeful, Focused, Nurturing, Connected and Respectful.
At Long Beach City College
, we celebrate equity, diversity and ensure a positive and inclusive working environment for all college students, faculty, staff, and administrators. We believe diversity fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for our students. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to hiring qualified applicants who are dedicated to student learning and success. Duties DUTIES:
The College seeks candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for commitment to student success. The position encompasses the following professional responsibilities and competencies:
- Assume leadership roles both within the department and in the institution as a whole.
- Commitment to serving the needs of the student, department, college, and community.
- Collaboration across disciplines and utilization of student support resources.
- Participation in department, division, college committees, and participatory governance activities.
- Participation in curriculum and program development.
- Work collegially and collaboratively within the college community.
- Participation in ongoing professional development.
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to create a dynamic learning environment that values instructor/student interaction.
- Ability to effectively engage with and facilitate authentic learning for students of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
- Ability to adapt teaching pedagogy to the knowledge of each individual and class.
- Ability to self-reflect and respond to an evidence-based assessment of student learning.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to integrating new technologies into the learning process, including but not limited to interactive technologies for on campus and on-line courses.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Master's in psychology OR
- Bachelor's in psychology AND Master's in counseling, sociology, statistics, neuroscience or social work OR
- the equivalent
All candidates must demonstrate Evidence of a sensitivity, understanding, and ability to manage the classroom environment AND effectively provide instruction to community college students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
Additional Information APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- A strong education emphasis in Research Methods in Psychology.
- Specialty in one or more of the following: Experimental Psychology, Social Psychology, Cognitive
- Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Cognitive Neuroscience, or Personality Psychology.
- Evidence of innovation, scholarship, or leadership in the teaching of Psychology. Ability to work collaboratively with faculty and administration.
- Two years of recent experience teaching Psychology-related courses to college students especially at the community college level.
- Evidence of a commitment to equitable teaching outcomes.
- Evidence of the ability to use a variety of teaching strategies that encourage retention while successfully challenging a diverse student population.
- Evidence of an ability to communicate effectively utilizing verbal, written, and online communication skills.
- Desire and demonstrated ability to participate actively in department, division, and college committees and in the shared governance process at Long Beach City College.
- Desire and demonstrated ability to take on leadership roles both within the department and in the institution as a whole.
Long Beach City College only considers complete applications for employment. All application materials must be electronically submitted and uploaded by the applicant by the application deadline. Applications are initially screened for completeness and State Minimum Qualifications. Complete applications are forwarded to the Department hiring committee for further review.A complete application includes:
SELECTION PROCESS AND TENATIVE SCHEDULE
- A Long Beach Community College District Online Application.
- A cover letter outlining your education and experience relevant to this position.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A list of three references, including current addresses and telephone numbers of both colleagues and supervisors.
- ALL graduate and undergraduate transcripts, showing school name, all college coursework, degree title and conferral date. This includes transcripts for any and all for the following degrees, AA, BA/BS, MA/MS and above (Ed.D, Ph,D, etc.) and courses used for transfer credit.
- Transcripts can be official or unofficial and must be submitted as an attachment. The conferral date must be on or before the application deadline in order to meet Minimum Qualifications.
- Transcripts from countries other than the United States must be evaluated by an agency that is a member of the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service (NACES).
- Applicants who do not meet the Statewide Minimum Qualifications for this discipline verbatim are required to submit a Supplemental Equivalency Application (Download PDF reader).
- Application deadline: 01/31/2023
- Application screening: 03/06/2023 - 03/17/2023
- Applications are initially screened for completeness and Minimum Qualifications.
- Complete applications are forwarded to the Department hiring committee for further review.
- First level interview: Week of 04/10/2023
- Final interview: tentatively planned for: Week of 04/24/2023
All Long Beach Community College employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Jan 3, 2022
in compliance with District Policy. Please note that if selected for employment, you must provide proof of fully vaccinated status by date of hire. Documented proof of vaccination is required as part of the onboarding process. Individuals requesting accommodation must do so in a timely manner for consideration. For further information on LBCC District COVID-19 policy and guides, please view our Return to Campus page
If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources at least two days prior to the closing date, by calling (562) 938-4813.THE LONG BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Long Beach Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and equity-minded hiring practices. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunities and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, language, accent, citizenship status, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, marital status, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.Ancestral Land Acknowedgement: Long Beach City College acknowledges our presence on the traditional ancestral land of the Gabrielino/Tongva peoples. This land remains unceded territory. We acknowledge the painful history of genocide and forced removal from this territory. Long Beach City College honors and respects the Gabrielino/Tongva ancestors and their connection to this land.To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lbcc/jobs/3827595/full-time-faculty-psychologyCopyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency