The Staff Therapist (9-month full-time position) or Staff Psychologist (10-month full-time position) supports CCS’s mission to provide mental health services and support the academic success of Butler students. The person in this position will provide individual and group therapy for students and conduct outreach programming and consultations for students, faculty, and staff. This position requires a passion for and competence in social justice, equity, and diversity. Similar to all CCS staff, this clinician will work to integrate inclusive excellence in all professional roles and activities. CCS is administratively located within the Division of Student Affairs. The service is IACS accredited and sponsors an APA-accredited internship program.
- Deliver therapeutic services to individuals/groups/couples
- Provide emergency and crisis intervention services
- Provide consultation services to faculty, staff, students, and parents
- Participate in the training of doctoral psychology interns, doctoral practicum students, and master’s-level interns
- Provide outreach and student development programming to the campus community
- Serve on campus committees and work groups
- Ensure record-keeping and clinical services are in regulatory and ethical compliance and meet accreditation standards
- As time and money permits, represents Butler University regionally and nationally through active participation in governance and operation of professional organizations
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Counseling and Consultation Services
ABOUT BUTLER UNIVERSITY
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business, Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing 46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.