The Well-Being Center at the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University invites applicants for the full-time (.83 FTE), benefit eligible position of Clinical Counselor. Responsibilities
The Clinical Counselor/Clinical Social Worker provides individual and group counseling, and outreach and consultation services to enrolled undergraduate and graduate students who present with a wide range of personal and academic concerns. This is a generalist counseling position with an expectation of strong multicultural counseling skills (working with BIPOC and LGBTQ+ students) as well as clinical competency in trauma-informed counseling, sexual assault/violence, depression, anxiety, adjustment, and relational concerns. The Clinical Counselor/Clinical Social Worker is under the administrative supervision of the Executive Director of the Well-Being Center.
CSB and SJU offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program.
- Provide individual and group counseling and psychotherapy services to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Provide appropriate professional assessment, diagnosis, and/or referral services as needed.
- Provide crisis intervention, including after-hours Counseling and Psychological Services coverage (via cell or home phone), when needed.
- Design and deliver outreach programs and psycho-educational workshops focused on student development, mental health concerns, and health enhancement.
- Provide consultation services to students, parents, faculty and staff, and external professionals.
- Complete professional development and continuing education activities per licensure requirements (e.g., Minnesota Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy, Minnesota Board of Social Work, Minnesota Board of Marriage and Family Therapy, Minnesota Board of Psychology).
- Engage in campus community committee work as assigned by Executive Director and/or as time permits.
- Additional duties as assigned.
ABOUT COLLEGE OF SAINT BENEDICT AND SAINT JOHN'S UNIVERSITY
The College of Saint Benedict (CSB) is a liberal arts college for women, and Saint John's University (SJU) is a liberal arts college for men and a graduate School of Theology and Nursing for both men and women and is also the home of the Hill Museum & Manuscript Library and the Collegeville Institute for Ecumenical and Cultural Research. The campuses are located in the central lakes area of Minnesota, surrounded by more than 3,000 acres of pristine forests, prairies, and lakes. The campuses are minutes away from St. Cloud, an increasingly diverse regional center with a population of over 100,000, and 70 miles from Minneapolis and St. Paul. Some CSB and SJU faculty and staff choose to reside locally, while others commute from the Twin Cities. Both St. Cloud and the Twin Cities offer a wide range of fine arts, cultural, dining, recreational, and sporting opportunities.
CSB and SJU are Catholic colleges in the Benedictine tradition enlivened by values of community, hospitality, stewardship, and justice. The schools are dedicated to cultivating an equitable, inclusive community founded on respect for all persons. Students, staff and faculty from many diverse belief systems and backgrounds collectively bring a rich dimension to the academic, cultural, and religious experience at CSB and SJU. Learn more in our Institutional Statement on Diversity and in our brochure regarding Higher Education in the Catholic and Benedictine Tradition.
With a total enrollment of approximately 3,200 students, CSB and SJU are unique in all of higher education, distinguished by their commitment to the holistic transformational development of women and men within the context of a unified, coeducational experience. All students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to experience and engage with the two institutions. For further information, see http://www.csbsju.edu/about.