This is a year-round Counseling Center Staff position. This position will provide direct client care to students at Drexel University and provide supervision for Interns and Externs as needed.
This person will also engage in consultation services; share on-call responsibilities; and, participate in general Student Life functions as a member of Enrollment Management & Student Success Division of Drexel University.
- Provide culturally informed individual counseling, crisis intervention, and referral services to students.
- Supervise doctoral interns through our APA accredited training program, as well as supervising doctoral externs.
- Rotate 24 hour on-call service with Counseling Staff.
- Provide consultation to faculty, staff and administration regarding students.
- Facilitate psycho-educational groups, support groups, and conduct workshops on mental health-related topics.
- Participate in weekly clinical supervision.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Psychology or related field (LCSW, Professional Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapy).
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience.
- Eligible to become licensed in the State of Pennsylvania.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with students with multiple marginalized identities, international students, and experience working with non-traditional students.
- Excellent culturally informed counseling, crisis intervention and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Ability to answer phone calls on weekends during assigned on-call rotation.
- Licensed psychologist/mental health provider with a Ph.D, Psy.D, or other terminal degree in a related field (LCSW, Professional Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapy).
- 1 year full-time supervised internship in college or university counseling center or other relevant setting, preferably APA accredited.
- Experience providing personal counseling, crisis intervention, assessment and consultation to late adolescent/early adult population or undergraduate and graduate students in a college or university setting (internship acceptable).
Hybrid: Remote/University City, Philadelphia PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of K. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Please review the Benefits Brochure for some information on our benefits offerings.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.