Counselor or Staff Psychologist
St. John's established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University's outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John's University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John's is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. Our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world. Department:
Center for Counseling and Consultation Title:
Counselor or Staff Psychologist Campus:
St. John's University is seeking a full-time licensed mental professional within the University Center for Counseling and Consultation at the Queens campus. The individual will be responsible for providing mental health evaluations/intake assessments, individual counseling, consultation, and crisis intervention to a diverse population of students within a brief therapy framework. Responsibilities:
- Consult with faculty and staff on issues relevant to student academic performance, emotional well-being, and psychological functioning.
- Provide assessment and recommendations for appropriate treatments for students.
- Offer crisis intervention for students in emergency situations ad participate in the Center's on-call after-hours rotation.
- Provide referral services to outside therapists, clinics, and treatment facilities.
- Maintain timely and accurate records according to professional standards and state and federal law.
- Offer consultation and education to faculty and staff regarding student behavioral and emotional issues, classroom concerns, and current mental health issues.
- Conduct psychological evaluations for the assessment of learning disabilities.
- Respond to requests for classroom participation by faculty, as well as requests for information/reports from the community regarding services and resources.
- Provide workshops and outreach to all members of the University community.
- Engage in outcomes assessment with individual clients and center goals.
- Participate in staff meetings in the Counseling Center.
Hire-on Salary Ranges: Title Qualifications & Experience Hire-on Salary Range
- Licensed or licensed eligible as a psychologist, social worker, or mental health counselor in the State of New York is required.
- One to two years of post-graduate experience, preferably in a counseling center setting, is preferred.
- Past experience working with the college-aged population including a strong knowledge of the challenges experienced by young adults preferred.
- Knowledge or and demonstrated competence and sensitivity in working with a multi-cultural population.
- Strong diagnostic and therapeutic skills, particularly using short-term treatment interventions.
- Demonstrated commitment to the highest ethical standards of professional practice as well as personal and professional integrity.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to collaborate with other departments and college administrators.
- Strong crisis assessment and crisis management skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and human relations skills.
- This position is subject to a comprehensive background screen with employment contingent upon satisfactory results.
Staff Counselor - Level 1
Master's degree & LMHC/LCPS/LCSW; 2+ years of clinical experience
$82,000 - $88,000
Staff Counselor - Level 2
Master's degree & LMHC/LCPS/LCSW; 5+ years of clinical experience
$85,000 - $95,000
Staff Psychologist - Level 1
Ph.D. or PsyD; 2+ years of clinical experience
$83,000 - $95,000
Staff Psychologist - Level 2
Ph.D. or PsyD; 5+ years of clinical experience
$95,700 - $104,000
In compliance with NYC's Pay Transparency Act, the annual salary range for this position is outlined above. St. John's University considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.
This position may be relocated to any of St. John's University's physical locations at any time.
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To apply, visit https://jobs.silkroad.com/StJohnsEdu/Careers/jobs/219327Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency