Assistant Director for Outreach, Media and Prevention - (230000IX)
Towson University (TU) is one of the nation’s top 100 public universities. Located north of Baltimore, TU currently enrolls more than 19,000 students and is the second-largest university in the prestigious University System of Maryland. Towson University values diversity and fosters a climate that is grounded in respect and inclusion to cultivate the intellectual and personal growth of the entire university community.
The Towson University Counseling Center is accepting applications for the full-time position of Assistant Director for Outreach, Media, and Prevention. The Counseling Center provides a range of direct and outreach services. In addition to providing clinical services, the Assistant Director for Outreach will coordinate and oversee Counseling Center outreach and consultation programs and activities including diversity initiatives, peer education programs, psycho-educational, wellness/mental health issues, and digital media outreach.
The ideal candidate will provide an innovative vision and administrative leadership in outreach. We seek a licensed clinician or psychologist with strong clinical skills and an interest in providing a range of clinical services as well as an interest in full participation as a trainer and supervisor in our APA-accredited doctoral internship program.
We are a strong, vibrant Counseling Center that values diversity and inclusion and works to provide a safe, welcoming, and affirming campus environment for all. Preferred applicants shall demonstrate strong cultural competence credentials and a comprehensive understanding of the impact of marginalization, inequality, and identity of students. Telework may be available for this position up to two days per week following the completion of 90 days of service in good standing.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Psychological Services: Provide a range of psychological services to students and consultation to faculty and staff on both a regular and urgent basis, and when necessary, during non-traditional hours, including, but not limited to crisis-intervention, assessment, counseling, treatment, and clinical consultation in individual and group format. Provide clinical consultation to students and their families, and to the campus in support of the mental health of the campus. Collaborate in Counseling Center efforts to provide services in new and creative ways. Adhere to agency standards regarding case management, documentation, and parameters of service.
· Leadership of Outreach and Consultation Services: Coordinate and oversee the Counseling Center’s outreach and consultation programs and activities including diversity initiatives, peer education programs, psycho-educational, and wellness/mental health issues.
· Leadership of Social and Digital Media Programming: Provide leadership in the coordination of the Counseling Center’s recorded and online programming, social media, website, and the center’s online presence, including developing and implementing appropriate policies and procedures in the coordinated area, tracking utilization, evaluating programs and services, and serving as a resource to Counseling Center staff contributors. Supervise staff and graduate assistants in these endeavors.
· Collaboration in Counseling Center Management: Collaborate with Director and other Counseling Center leadership in the overall direction and management of the Counseling Center. Serve as a member of the appropriate Counseling Center management team or teams. Administratively supervise other Counseling Center staff as assigned. Serve as Acting Director of the Counseling Center when delegated to that role, providing leadership according to the Counseling center mission and priorities. Participate in various agency maintenance activities, such as accreditations and team building.
· Training & Clinical Supervision: Contribute to the Center’s intern and extern training programs by conducting seminars, providing clinical supervision, and other training activities. Participate in the range of activities necessary to maintain Counseling Center training programs. When assigned, supervise doctoral interns, externs, and/or unlicensed staff members in their provision of psychological services, in professional development, and in support of the Counseling Center training program.
· Outreach and Consultation: Provide outreach programming as assigned, including psychoeducation, health education and consultation in the Counseling Center Outreach Program and assisting with recorded and online forms of programs and applications, including self-help resources, and Counseling Center web pages. Administratively supervise staff psychologists on their outreach activities.
· Student Affairs and University-Wide Participation: Participate in the Student Affairs Division and the University mission in a variety of ways, such as collaborating with other departments on campus, attending university functions, and serving on task forces and committees as assigned.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
· Master’s or Doctoral degree; and multicultural competence and experience with diverse populations.
· Applicant must be fully licensed in their field (Acceptable licenses include Psychologist, LCPC, or LCSW). If applicant is licensed in another jurisdiction, applicant must obtain Maryland licensure within 6 months of starting the position.
· At least three years of professional work experience, preferred experience in a college or university counseling center.
· Work Schedule: Standard business hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, however, after hours and weekend coverage may be required for psychological crises and emergencies, performance of outreach, and consultation programs and services. Full-time, regular staff in good standing are eligible to work remotely one day per week, as schedule allows.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive Salary and full University benefits that include 22 days of annual leave, up to 14 holidays, personal and sick days; excellent health, life, and retirement plans; and tuition remission. To learn more about our benefits, click here. TU also offers a variety of great perks and discounts, which can be found here.
This position will be open for a minimum of 14 days. For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume with your online application.
The safety of our students, faculty, staff, and neighbors has been our top priority and the focus of every one of our decisions since the earliest days of the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, the University System of Maryland (USM) has strongly encouraged full COVID vaccination and up-to-date booster shots (when eligible) for all faculty, staff, and students at all schools in the USM as both a reasonable and necessary means of protecting our health and safety.
Quicklink to apply: https://towson.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=230000IX