Staff Clinician/Psychologist (Coordinator of Outreach & COPE)
College of the Holy CrossDescription
The College of the Holy Cross (Worcester, MA) invites applications for a 12-month full-time Staff Clinician/Psychologist to join our team. The CAPS team currently includes seven FTE staff clinicians/psychologists, a consulting psychiatrist, two doctoral level practicum trainees, and an office coordinator. CAPS is accredited by the International Accreditation of Counseling Services (IACS).
The Staff Clinician/Psychologist provides a broad range of direct psychological services to Holy Cross students including the following: diagnostic assessment and evaluation; individual psychotherapy; group therapy; crisis intervention; consultation; and outreach programming and training. The Staff Clinician/Psychologist provides consultative psychological services to members of the Holy Cross community including faculty members, staff members, deans, administrators, and parents. The Staff Clinician/Psychologist provides clinical supervision of doctoral level practicum students. The Staff Clinician/Psychologist coordinates programs for CAPS as assigned by the Director. The Staff Clinician/Psychologist participates in CAPS' evening and weekend on-call duties, and emergency and crisis response procedures.
The Staff Clinician/Psychologist will be expected to provide evidence-based, culturally responsive individual and group psychotherapy. In addition to having a general expert knowledge of mental health and psychological functioning, the ideal candidate for the Staff Clinician/Psychologist/Coordinator of Outreach & COPE (Counseling Outreach Peer Educators) position will have experience in developing and implementing outreach programming and a strong interest in managing a student peer education program. A successful candidate will have an appreciation for and an ability to engage positively with our Catholic and Jesuit heritage, a heritage rooted in a deep respect for human dignity. The Staff Clinician/Psychologist will collaborate with other campus offices and student organizations to provide outreach and psychoeducational programming to campus members.Minimum Qualifications
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an APA-accredited program or M.S.W. with a current L.C.S.W. in Massachusetts.
- Completion of an APA-accredited pre-doctoral internship if Ph.D. or Psy.D.
- Experience in a college counseling center setting.
- Strong clinical psychotherapeutic skills.
- Licensed as a Psychologist/Health Service Provider in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts within one year of hire if Ph.D. or Psy.D.
- Attainment of L.I.C.S.W. in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts within one year of hire if L.C.S.W.
- Licensed as a Psychologist/Health Service Provider or L.I.C.S.W. in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience with diversity and inclusion.
- Commitment, experience and familiarity with developing and implementing outreach programming and experience with and proficiency in managing a student peer education program.
- Appreciation for and an ability to engage positively with our Jesuit and Catholic heritage.
- Experience providing crisis assessment and interventions with a wide range of clinical populations.
- Experience providing clinical supervision to practicum students/interns.
- Experience in the development and provision of mental health educational initiatives specific to the needs of a diverse university student population.
This is a full time, exempt level position. The College is committed to providing competitive market pay for its employees. The College also offers a competitive benefits package for full-time staff, including:
- 10% College contribution to the 403(b) Retirement Plan (1 year wait waiver available)
- This position may be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement
- Condensed summer 4-day work week
- Tuition benefits
- Wellness programs & ongoing Training and Development opportunities
- Generous paid time off
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits
Send cover letter, curriculum vitae, academic transcripts, and contact information for three professional references.
In your cover letter please address how your work might support the College's mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (see http://www.holycross.edu/mission
) and its core commitment to diversity and inclusion. Please provide examples of any past work that illuminate your commitments in these areas. For more information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity
Review of applications will begin as received and continue until the position has been filled. To apply, please visit: https://jobs.jobvite.com/holycross/job/ocweofw4Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency