Licensed Mental Health Co-Responder (10 month or 11 month Position)
James Madison University
We are a community committed to preparing students to be educated and enlightened citizens who lead productive and meaningful lives.
To be the national model for the engaged university: engaged with ideas and the world.
Who We Are
Located in the heart of Virginia's beautiful Shenandoah Valley, the city of Harrisonburg is approximately 120 miles from Washington, D.C. and Richmond, VA. With a population of just over 53,000, Harrisonburg is one of the most diverse communities in the Commonwealth of Virginia. JMU is a selective, public institution with a growing national reputation for offering experiences that lead to an outstanding education and inclusive environment for students, faculty and staff. The student body includes approximately 20,000 undergraduate and 1,900 graduate students, with over 1,000 full-time instructional faculty.
JMU offers thriving programs in the liberal arts, science and technology, and professional disciplines at the undergraduate, master's and doctoral levels. The university is committed to expanding diversity, fostering equity and inclusion, and supporting superlative teaching and scholarship. JMU has achieved national recognition for the high quality of its academic programs, focus on maintaining strong student/faculty interaction, and innovative faculty research.
The Counseling Center (CC) at James Madison University (JMU) is accepting applications for an after-hours Licensed Mental Health Co-Responder. The CC has a commitment to diversity and multi-culturally competent professionals with the awareness, knowledge and skills required to work effectively with a diverse clientele and to enhance the CC's mission. Please see the Counseling Center's website, listed below, to learn more about the Center's services and review staff descriptions. Please also check out the "You Might Want to Work Here If…" to get a sense of the Counseling Center's culture. https://www.jmu.edu/counselingctr/about/_working-here.shtml
The Licensed Mental Health Co-Responder is an after-hours 10 month or 11 month continuing position. The successful candidate will decide which term length they want to serve. This position provides direct clinical care in the field as a co-responder with the James Madison University Police Department to accurately and efficiently assess risk and safety concerns for students experiencing emotional and psychological distress and provide appropriate referrals to clinically-indicated services, which could include voluntary and involuntary hospitalization. The position will work closely with the Office of Residence Life and interface with the JMU community to provide consultation, debriefing services and evidence- based crisis intervention trainings to students, faculty, and staff.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• The successful candidate must be licensed as a licensed professional counselor, licensed clinical social worker, or licensed clinical psychologist in the Commonwealth of Virginia or in another state or Commonwealth allowing for immediate licensure by endorsement.
• Previous training and/or experience in a college mental health setting,
• Experience with managing crisis situations, completing risk assessments and disposition planning to address safety risks.
• Interest and/or experience collaborating with other departments or offices on multidisciplinary teams.
• Well-developed counseling and clinical supervision skills.
• A demonstrated commitment to multicultural competency.
• A self-motivated, self-directed commitment to high professional ideals.
• Demonstrated skill in working well under pressure to prioritize and manage multiple complex clinical situations.
• A collaborative spirit of warmth, acceptance, respect and trust towards colleagues.
• The energy to flexibly manage the professional demands of the role while maintaining positive and healthy perspectives and relationships.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
To apply go to https://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/15309 or visit JobLink.jmu.edu and reference posting number F2248. Pay Range: $76,364-$80,000 (10 Month); $84,000-$88,000 (11 month).
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency