Counseling and Psychological Services of Stevens Institute of Technology is seeking candidates for one of two newly funded full-time Staff Psychotherapist positions. Salary range is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- This is a hybrid position which requires four days a week of work on-site and allows for one day a week of remote work.
- The CAPS clinic is open 9-5 weekdays, and until 9pm on Monday and Wednesday. Work shifts can be chosen during any of these available times.
The Staff Psychotherapist will operate as a generalist who provides a full range of clinical services including individual and group therapy, crisis intervention, outreach and consultation. Additional duties may include supervision and training of mental health graduate students. Additionally, CAPS adheres to a short-term treatment model and we are seeking a clinician who can effectively provide time limited psychotherapy.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides initial clinical assessment, counseling and psychotherapy, group counseling, daytime on-call coverage, crisis intervention, outreach, and consultation services to the university community.
- Maintains up-to-date case files as dictated by current professional standards.
- Adheres to ethical principles of corresponding profession.
- Facilitates psychiatric hospitalization for students as required
- May be asked to provide training and supervision to mental health graduate students
- On rare occasions after-hours or weekend outreach at major university events may be required as well.
- NJ licensure in good standing as Clinical Social Worker, Professional Counselor or Mental Health Counselor.
- Multicultural competence and skill in working with students from a diversity of backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience providing psychological care in a University Counseling setting
- Demonstrated competence in outreach and prevention program planning and implementation
- Demonstrated specialization within the mental health field
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges and stressors facing graduate and international students.
- Experience in providing clinical services to students pursuing studies in STEM.
- Experience in assessment and treatment of young adults with autism spectrum disorders.
ABOUT STEVENS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Stevens Institute of Technology, The Innovation University®, is a premier, private research university situated in Hoboken, N.J. overlooking the Manhattan skyline. Founded in 1870, technological innovation has been the hallmark and legacy of Stevens’ education and research programs for more than 140 years.