University of Notre Dame
The University of Notre Dame (ND.jobs
) is accepting applications for a Staff Psychiatrist
.Applications will be accepted until 10/17/2023. About the University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame is one of America's leading undergraduate teaching institutions, and is at the forefront in research and scholarship. The University has a tradition and is committed to educating our students holistically, endeavoring to develop a sense of community and responsibility that prepares students to make positive change in the world. The University is also committed to engaging and serving the local South Bend community. At Notre Dame, staff are provided with an environment where they are both challenged and supported. The University Counseling Center and the College of Arts and Letters Clinical Psychology Partnership invites applications for a Staff Psychiatrist position
from individuals who share our multi-disciplinary team's commitment to serving the growing and challenging mental health needs of our diverse student body and our local community. Dynamic professionals with well-developed clinical skills and a commitment to excellence who would enhance the diversity of our staff are encouraged to apply. Applications from both entry-level psychiatrists and those with several years of experience are welcomed.
The Staff Psychiatrist is a joint position between the University Counseling Center (UCC), and the Clinical Psychology Partnership (CPP). The Staff Psychiatrist will provide behavioral health care in both settings for clients needing psychiatric evaluation and medication treatment. The Staff Psychiatrist will collaborate, consult, and coordinate care with a multidisciplinary team of providers in both settings. Additionally, the Staff Psychiatrist will be on-call to assist the UCC and CPP staff with facilitating the hospitalization of clients as needed. The projected division of duties between the two centers during the first two years of employment is 75% UCC / 25% CPP, with the understanding that the division of services will move toward a 50/50 division as the Clinical Psychology Partnership becomes more established.
The University Counseling Center is an IACS accredited center that sees approximately 20% of the University's undergraduate and graduate students in a given year. The Center has a thriving training program that includes both an APA accredited internship program in Health Services Provider in Psychology and a training program for MA level counselors and social workers, which creates an environment that supports ongoing professional development and enables staff to contribute to the development of the next generation of health care providers.
The Clinical Psychology Partnership, a new initiative designed to establish Notre Dame as a field-leader in mental health research and service delivery to the local community, is a multidisciplinary partnership that is affiliated but separate from the University's Psychology Department's accredited doctoral training program in Clinical Psychology. The goal of the CPP is to extend community services at the Psychological Services Center far beyond what doctoral training programs can offer given their tightly defined mission.
For more information about both centers, please visit our websites: https://ucc.nd.edu/ https://preventsuicide.nd.edu/ https://shaw.nd.edu/ Job Responsibilities Include:
Acting in consultation and coordination with Program Directors and UCC and CPP treatment teams,
- provide psychiatric diagnostic evaluation, prescribe medications, and develop treatment plans;
- evaluate clients for psychosis, ideation and imminent risk of suicide, and ideation and imminent risk for homicide;
- provide urgent psychiatric care in crisis situations and assist local staff with hospitalization when indicated;
- provide continuity of psychiatric care while clients are hospitalized through consultation with hospital staff;
- provide culturally sensitive treatment and individualized care for each client based on an assessment of medical, social, economic, and diverse identity factors;
- assess response to medication and revise medication interventions to achieve optimum results; and
- collaborate, consult, and coordinate patient care with clinical providers.
Consultation with the University Counseling Center, the Clinical Psychology Partnership, and University Health Services:
- complete case documentation for all client contacts and
- respond to client and staff messages, requests for prescription refills, and insurance company inquiries.
- respond to staff requests for consultation;
- attend and participate in weekly interdisciplinary treatment team meetings as requested;
- collaborate and coordinate client care with University Counseling Center, Clinical Psychology Partnership, and University Health Services staff as needed to provide optimal client care, outcomes, and treatment experiences; and
- offer professional development seminars on medication management and other relevant topics as requested.
Preferred Qualifications:ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
- Required degree of MD or DO with a Residency in Psychiatry.
- At least 2 years of experience providing psychiatric services in a clinical setting.
- Experience in providing comprehensive evaluations, diagnoses, and medication management to individuals with a wide range of mental health concerns.
- Advanced knowledge of pharmaceuticals, side effects, and potential problems with medication combinations.
- Ability to provide psychoeducation to clients to improve medication compliance and enhance involvement in the treatment process.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with clients, staff, and interdisciplinary treatment teams.
- Competency in working with a diverse population of clients holding multiple intersecting identities.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and time management skills.
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!
This appointment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Applicants will be asked to identify all felony convictions and/or pending felony charges. Felony convictions do not automatically bar an individual from employment. Each case will be examined separately to determine the appropriateness of employment in the particular position. Failure to be forthcoming or dishonesty with respect to felony disclosures can result in the disqualification of a candidate. The full procedure can be viewed at https://facultyhandbook.nd.edu/?id=link-73597.Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and those candidates attracted to a university with a Catholic identity. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).APPLICATION PROCESS:
Please apply online at http://ND.jobs
to Job # S24260
. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd
. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency