CNSLNG PSYCHOLOGIST 3 HX (Counselor, Specializing In Working With The African Diaspora)
Salary Range: $108,521.56/yr. - $158,061.96/yr.
PLEASE NOTE: STUDENT HEALTH & COUNSELING SERVICES IS RECRUITING FOR ONE COUNSELOR, AT THE BEH HEALTH COUNSELOR 4 OR CNSLNG PSYCHOLOGIST 3 HX LEVEL BASED ON LICENSURE (EXPERIENCE). PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION FOR THE APPROPRIATE POSITION BASED ON LICENSURE. IF YOU ARE ALSO INTERESTED IN THE BEH HEALTH COUNSELOR 4 POSITION - APPLY TO JO# 58692 BY 10/11/2023 TO BE CONSIDERED.
Under the direction of the Counseling Services (CS) Associate Director/Clinical Director at Student Health & Counseling Services (SHCS), this position performs professional patient/client care (individual, group, crisis intervention, and case management) assigned by quarterly clinic schedule. While this position will support all UC Davis students, the focus of this position is to coordinate and provide services to students from the African diaspora. Provides campus programs on mental health and wellness education, multicultural concerns, and prevention. Works as part of a multidisciplinary team. Complies with professional requirements of SHCS and UC Davis policies and procedures as well as all State and Federal professional legal requirements. May provide supervision and training to Counseling Services trainees in an APA accredited internship and APPIC-member postdoctoral program.
Additional Minimum License/Certification:
• Psychologists (e.g., Psy.D., Ph.D.) governed by California Board of Psychology are required to possess valid license. Psychologist applicants possessing a valid license in another state must obtain California licensure within 180 days after submitting an application to become licensed in California or from date of commencement of residency in California, whichever comes first.
• Applicants who are not licensed, but who are license eligible as psychologists in California, must have passed the EPPP by time of application. Must possess California Board of Psychology valid license within 30 days of job offer.
• Current CPR Certification.
• Experience providing culturally relevant services to clients from the African diaspora.
• Experience working with individuals from diverse socio-cultural backgrounds.
• Experience treating diverse clients using short-term models of individual and group psychotherapy/counseling.
• Experience assessing and intervening when individuals present in crisis.
• Experience establishing professional work relationships.
• Experience working in a university counseling service with strong student service orientation.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) :
• Ability to provide supervision to predoctoral and postdoctoral trainees.
• Knowledge of ethical, legal and university standards and regulations
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at
Job ID # 59082
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer