Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Provide individual, couple and group counseling, conduct initial intake and triage assessments and psycho-diagnostic assessments, crisis interventions, mental health consultation. Be part of after-hours crisis rotation team. Be inclusive, equity-oriented, and diversity-aware. We seek a professional committed to working with people holding similar and different worldviews while advocating for inclusion of all persons.
2. Provide outreach, training and consultation to staff, faculty and students.
3. Supervise and evaluate clinical work of doctoral and/or masters interns and trainees. Advance cultural competency of trainees and supervisees.
4. Attend weekly clinical and staff meetings and participate in committees within and outside the center. Participate in diversity and social Justice initiatives at the center and the university.
5. Complete clinical documentation and clinical preparation; perform administrative duties as assigned by the director.
Opportunities for leadership roles within the counseling center are high. These are often aligned with candidate’s professional interests such as administration of clinical or training programs, outreach services, new and innovative collaborative programs with interdisciplinary teams across campus.
ABOUT OHIO UNIVERSITY
Counseling and Psychological Services
(CPS) is a university counseling center located in Athens, OH (ranked Best
College Small Town, USATODAY). CPS is a dynamic part of the Division of Student
Affairs and is highly utilized by students and other campus constituents
seeking a variety of mental health services. CPS staff are cohesive, collegial,
engaged, and passionate about student mental health and wellbeing and social
justice matters. CPS runs a large training program comprised of psychology,
counselor education and social work trainees, as well as interns in our
APA-accredited doctoral internship program. CPS is an IACS accredited
counseling center committed to providing high quality and best standards of
practice; the clinical service, training, outreach, and professional
development are informed by research, regional needs, and benchmarking with
national trends. CPS identifies closely with OHIO’s values and the mission and
strategic plan of the Division of Student Affairs.
CPS Diversity Statement:
We commit to advocating for respect, dignity, and inclusion
throughout the OHIO community. We acknowledge the impact of systemic
oppression, discrimination, stereotypes, prejudice, marginalization, and social
inequity on OHIO student and staff lives, including their mental health and
well-being. We recognize that cultural and contextual variables (including
power, privilege, multiple marginalization, and invisibility) impact mental
health access, identity development, and overall well-being of OHIO students.
We strive to continuously grow our individual and collective cultural awareness
and humility to create a more culturally conscious and socially just climate
within our center. We advocate and collaborate for cultural awareness and
social justice within the larger OHIO community.
Please visit Counseling and
Psychological Services (CPS) for more information about our
Please visit: Why OHIO
University? for more information about Ohio University.