This is a .8 part time position
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
you are ready to work for an organization that nurtures diversity,
respect, professional development and a comfortable work-life fit, we
invite you to explore this opportunity and apply online for the position
of Social Worker/Muslim Specialist for the Vaden Health Center. The
preferred candidate will have expertise working with Muslim student
populations and understanding of how devotion and faith practice can
impact mental health and well-being.
individual, couples, and/or group counseling and psychotherapy, crisis
intervention, clinical consultation, and outreach programming.
campus outreach to student groups and community resource centers and
participate in educational programming and additional program
- Participate as a liaison to The Markaz: Resource
Center, Bechtel International Center, and the Office of Religious Life.
This will include attending meetings, developing activities and
programming in collaboration with center staff, and facilitating student
workshops and discussions.
- Provide a wide range of
direct clinical services to students, and work with faculty and
administrators in consultation, outreach, and other collaborative
- Provide comprehensive outpatient mental health
services and programs to a diverse student population with a specific
focus on clinical and outreach services to Muslim student communities.
- Conduct phone triage and schedule students for intake, medical evaluation, or referral to outside provider.
- Provide intake evaluations, individual brief therapy, couples and group therapy, and psycho-educational groups.
- Provide crisis assessment, intervention, and management to students of concern or in crisis; assess need for higher level care.
- Evaluate and respond to emergency situations; provide consultation to campus for urgent/crisis situations.
- Track students of concern or requiring higher levels of care, participate in discharge planning, and manage referrals.
- Participate in center meetings and development activities; complete special projects as assigned
- Conduct seminar/rotation training.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
ABOUT STANFORD UNIVERSITY
Experience a culture of excellence.
University, located in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley, is one of the
world’s leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891,
Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions for the betterment of humanity
and for preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
To foster the
talents and aspirations of our 10,000 staff, Stanford offers career development
programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that
increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. Stanford
offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their