Elon University is excited to announce four (4) available counseling positions. These psoitons represent one replacement due to retirement and three new lines. Available positions include two full-time, 10-month (August-May) staff counselor positions ; a FT, 10 month Student Concerns Outreach Liasion (case manager) /Counselor; and a FT, 11-month Group/Coordinator/Counselor position. Counseling Services is a department reporting to the Office of the Dean of Students and the Division of Student Life. The successful candidate will be an experienced generalist psychologist, counselor, or social worker with established clinical, outreach and training experiences serving diverse populations within a University setting. For the group coordinator and student concerns liasion applicable experience will be required. All positions are responsible for providing individual, couples, and group therapy and referral services; consultation with students, staff, faculty, parents, health-care providers and campus partners; development and implementation of community interventions and outreach programs; and crisis intervention. These services will be delivered per the annual employment agreement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide clinical interventions, including individual, couples, and group therapy, and crisis management.
· Provide back-up phone consultation coverage as needed for ProtoCall Services (after-hours crisis response).
· Provide community interventions and outreach programming as directed by the Director of Counseling Services.
· Provide consultation services to students, staff, faculty, parents, health-care providers and campus partners.
· Maintain confidentiality and exemplary professional ethics.
· Obtain appropriate licensure in North Carolina and maintain according to North Carolina law.
· Maintain client records in a timely manner and according to Counseling Center procedures and ethical/legal standards.
· Participates in special events at the University and serves on University, Divisional, and Departmental committees and trainings as requested.
· Builds diversity competence by actively supporting an inclusive climate within the Division of Student Life and the Elon University community.
· Requires occasional evening and weekend presentations and response to other situations as requested by the Director of Counseling Services.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
ABOUT ELON UNIVERSITY
Elon University is a selective, independent university renowned as a national model for engaged learning, along with excellence in the liberal arts and sciences and professional programs. Elon's beautiful and historic campus in central North Carolina is designated as a botanical garden. Elon is located in the Piedmont region of North Carolina, east of Greensboro and northwest of Raleigh/Durham.
Elon University is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and welcomes all applicants.