Provide direct clinical mental health services to eligible University of Chicago students. Provide consultation, outreach, and support to various members of the campus community.
- Conduct clinical diagnostic evaluation and assessment of patients, including urgent-care/crisis evaluations.
- Provide goal-focused, time-limited individual, couples, and group psychotherapy.
- Provide emergency and crisis intervention services including scheduled daytime and nighttime/weekend on-call coverage. Maintain timely and complete electronic documentation as appropriate.
- Provide consultation, training, and outreach to members of the University of Chicago community both during and after hours.
- Participate in clinical and administrative staff meetings as appropriate.
- Provide clinical supervision of trainees as needed and as appropriate.
- Expertise providing services to under-represented populations and first generation university students preferred.
- Ability to provide daytime and nighttime/weekend telephonic on-call coverage required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality while handling sensitive situations required.
- Ability to review, analyze, interpret, and/or prepare federal and state laws, rules, regulations, NASW Code of Ethics, policies and procedures as related to social work required.
ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.